I work with a wide range of age groups as a fully qualified, accredited counsellor and have gained valuable experience in areas of abuse, anxiety, depression, stress, relationship and school related problems. Over twenty years working in education and then counselling young people from the age of 13, has given me useful insight into the pressures of teaching and learning in the school and college environments. I have developed a special interest in and affinity with students and teachers and feel I can relate to and understand many of the challenges they face throughout their careers. I have also had the opportunity to study and work within multi-cultural communities enhancing my understanding of diversity and issues that can arise.
- I work with young people between the ages of 13 and 25 at a local youth agency.
- I see private clients from a wide age range including teenagers to adults.
- I counsel survivors of domestic and sexual violence at the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Service.
- I have been a Counselling Tutor at Amersham College in Buckinghamshire for 3 years teaching Level 2, 3 and 4 counselling courses (2018 -2021).
Training and Qualifications
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accreditation (2021)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – Person Centred (2017)
- Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People (2015)
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (2020 – updated 2021)
- Training course with Rape Crisis, High Wycombe (2017)
- Various short courses on Working with Trauma
- Various short courses in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) techniques
- Certificate in Pre-Trial Therapy and the Criminal Justice Process (2017)
- BA (Hons) Degree in Islamic and Biblical Studies (1990)
- PGCE in Primary Education (1991)
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I adhere to their ethical code of practice and complaints procedure. Information can be found on their website: www.bacp.co.uk
- I attend clinical supervision on a monthly basis
- I have an Enhanced DBS Certificate
- I am fully insured to see clients privately
All 50-minute counselling sessions, whether face to face or remote are £50.
Payment by bank transfer should be made before the beginning of each session.
What clients have said:
“My sessions with Liz have been like having a sympathetic ear and a magic mirror. I can rant, whimper, laugh or cry without embarrassment or judgement and the mirror reflects my feelings as thoughts, easier to unpick and make sense of.” (Adult client)
“Thank you so much for all that you’ve done for me. You helped me so much and I will be forever grateful. I know it’s your job to help but that doesn’t change anything!” (Teenage client)
“Face to face, or since lockdown, on Zoom, Liz has always made me feel comfortable, safe and permitted to communicate as I’m feeling at the time. The style of therapy Liz practises has helped me put some perspective in my negative thoughts, sorting through perception and actuality, and identifying areas I’ve neglected.” (Adult client)
So what can I offer you?
A wide range of counselling experience working with people from different backgrounds and age groups.
A non-judgmental, respectful and open therapeutic relationship.
Online or telephone counselling if you choose to work remotely.
A quiet, private space in a garden room (with free parking) if you choose to work face to face.
If you think I can help you then please get in touch.